Monday, September 20, 2010

Start The Day Off Right

When I first moved into my place I wrote some encouraging words on my mirror. It's not always easy getting up every morning and going to work. Not always something you look forward to. I was determined to put a smile on my face every single day. If I made myself smile every morning then even if the day went bad then I know that I started it off right. I refuse to say that I "woke up on the wrong side of the bed". The funny thing is, I place my bed against the wall so that I only have one way to get out of it.

You have to eliminate the excuses in your life. Be thankful that you were able to get up and take care of yourself every morning. Be thankful for your job, your children's health, your health, a roof, money in your pocket, food in fridge, soundness of mind, etc.

 You don't necessarily have to write on your mirror, but do something to get you going every morning. Along with writing notes, I would purposely make myself laugh. It was as simple as just talking in funny voices. So  your day by cracking a joke at yourself (not one that leads your mind down a dark path). Read an inspirational quote. Write yourself a letter before you go to bed and read it in the morning. If you have a spouse or a partner, write them a letter or note of daily encouragement. You have to stay positive.

A strong start makes for an easier finish.
Start each day with a smile. It's a new day
.

-VP

No comments:

Post a Comment