Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I wanted to talk about this reality TV garbage and all these rapper groupies and athlete groupies spilling every one's secrets. I remember watching MTV saying to myself that Real World had to be one of the greatest television shows in the world, and it was at that time. It really was raw and real and presented a lot of questions and some insight into other people's lives. You have 7 people around or in their early twenties living in the same house for a certain period of time. It was a really good show. Watching people actually live in a house with a homosexual who happened to have AIDS. You cannot ask for better television than that. It wasn't just about the drama, it was real. Real World started off as a really good show. Over the years reality television has gotten stupid. Funny PicturesLet's run down the list of the recent stupid ones (These are the shows i find stupid, if you like them then that's you, but this is my post) - Flavor of Love - I Love New York - Real Chance of Love - I Love Money - Baldwin Heights - The Hills - Keeping Up with the Kardashians - Jersey Shore - The Real Housewives (of anyplace) - Tiny and Toya - The Bad Girl's Club etc. These shows are ridiculous. Why do we watch this crap? There isn't anything behind them. You don't learn or grow from any of these stupid shows. No, not every show is designed for educational or enlightening purposes. Many shows are just for our entertainment and pleasure, but why do we find these shows entertaining? They are just full of drama and ignorance. Why saturate or minds with this crap for no real reason just so we can shake our heads and hit the social network to praise and bash these people. We praise and support these clowns for what purpose? Seriously who was Kim Kardashian before the sex tape? I didn't know who she was, and I could care less about her family. Yes they are beautiful women but I can care less about their lives, they are not interesting to me. Tiny and Toya???? Who cares, Tiny had a career and now she just takes care of kids ( I know she does other stuff, but again, I DON'T CARE). The Real Housewives.... this is so stupid... Do we seriously care about people who do nothing? When have people who do nothing become interesting? http://www.babytalkclothing.com/images/monkey_see_do.gifThe Surreal Life spawned a series of ridiculous shows (Strange Love, 3 seasons of Flavor of Love, 2 seasons of I Love New York, 2-3 seasons of I Love Money, 3 seasons of Rock of Love, Charmed School, Real Chance of Love, The Entertainer's show, 3 seasons of Shot of Love.... and maybe some other ones I failed to mention). Monkey See, Monkey Do.... It has really gotten out of hand, it's stupid, mindless cheap "entertainment." I can't call it entertainment cause it barely holds my interest. I just don't get it, it's nothing new, nothing fresh, so why are people interested in it? But the WORST case of monkey see, monkey do to me right now is some fool trying to follow in the same steps as Karrine "Superhead" Steffens.... Kat Stacks, you are a clown. What Karrine did was not cool. Exposing people doesn't just make them look bad, but it makes you look bad, and takes away more credibility from you than it does them. Think about how that makes you look as a person. What are you trying to accomplish by exposing your sexual encounters with these various celebrities and athletes? She wrote 3 books. Three books for being a very very very loose woman. It's crazy. I know this makes interesting reading but where is your sense of honor? Of self respect and pride? I've heard Karrine in various interviews and radio shows, and she isn't all that bad. She saw a market and she had a product to sell and she can provide for her family. It wasn't the most moral thing to do, but it happened. Then came the Tiger Wood's scandal... moving on.... Now I hear about this girl, Kat Stacks.... seriously this girl is barely 21 and is out running her mouth, for what? She is just following suit behind Karrine but I see no purpose behind what she is doing. It's crazy, She just wants fame. That's exactly what it boils down to. People want exposure and fame. They want the by product of success, something they have not accomplished. I like what Melyssa Ford said: I guess what I'm trying to say is.... Be careful of who you follow, why you follow them, and your definition of success is. Do you really want success or do you want to be another face in everyone's camera and another annoying voice on the radio? Seeking fame over success only makes you look like a fool. If a fool is what you want to be, then I guess that's all on you. I know it doesn't feel good to have fingers pointed and you and lyrical bullets flying at your head. Be mindful of how your actions affect you and your loved ones -VPBlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. You just end up lower than you started when you attempt to destroy another person's virtue for your personal gain for whatever reason (fame, revenge, etc.)

    As far as these microwave stars, it's sad that young girls aspire to follow Kim Kardashian's "career" path versus someone who actually has talent. I'm glad we grew up when we did so we aren't really influenced by all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we grew up when we did too, but it really matters how we grew up. All these microwave stars grew up in our generation. They are no more than a couple of years older than us at most and it's sad. I miss the 90's for some reason. Things just seem to make a little bit more sense then... maybe i was just naive then.
    I just try to ignore these people as much as I can and try to find out what my purpose is on this earth. Once I figure that out then I'm good. I refuse to be looked at for doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete