Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Once A Cheater!... Always A Cheater?

Since we were little and thought that being called a cheater was simply a sports or school test thing, we've heard that famous quote "Once a cheater, Always a cheater!" cheater My brothers used to say it on the regular. So when i played sports i never cheated and never wanted to be cheated. In my eyes it was the closest thing to killing a person, cause i was that competitive, without completely knowing what way it was being used. When i heard females say it for the first time, usually the girls around my brothers and their friends, my first thought was, "what game/test did you cheat and why?" I guess you can say i looked at it as the, "Bitch Move", of the time. So wheen i grew and began to see what my brother's female friends were referring to then it hit me... "OOOOOOOOOH, you meant THAT.... yea". Still the thought of it being a "Bitch Move" never left my mind. To this day i'm 100% cheat free, though i have been cheated on (which baffles the hell outta me). So i will share with you some of my thoughts on the Cheater and Cheat.... ie(?) lol cheater 2 I have heard people try to give reasons for cheating. I have heard people give reasons of why they were cheated on. I have even heard reasons of why talking someone else into cheating is ok and not "my" fault. Yet still the action and the thought process for it is crazy and to this day i still dont understand a few things like:
  • Why try to go back to someone you cheated on?
  • Why cheat when you dont want that person in any other way?
  • Was it worth losing something "worth while"?
  • Did you really think no one would get hurt?
  • If you "love" the person you're with what was it that allowed you to cheat?
  • Why take them back if they cheated?
  • If you dont want to be cheated on why cheat?
  • Why help them cheat if you dont want them?
  • Do you really want to be with someone who cheated?
(Again those are just a few) cheater 3 I have had many talks with friends, family, and Co-Workers just to see what they might say. Anyone that knows me knows i have always said, "if im/shes going to cheat i dont care if im/you butt nekkid in bed and its about to go down just pick up the phone and call and say 'look it's over', WRAP!!!" Still most people look at me KRAZY like "man please no you wouldnt you would beat it up then try n lie your way out". Sorry. Nigga. No. I have a tad bit more respect for the relationships i have been in no matter how bad the may have been (thinks back........ sigh....fuck it) and no matter how it ended i refused to cheat, although i have been tempted. But temptation is something you can fight off. as a matter a fact the best way to fight it off..... pay attention...... say.......... NO!!!

cheated

Do i believe that Once a cheater always a cheater... no, BUT, that doesnt mean it isnt likely to happen again. Sadly i see this as a problem with those who have been cheated on multiple times. Most females go through an average of 2-5 relationships where they have been cheated on, Guys usually 1-3. Why are the guys numbers so low, simple because we are expected to be tough, rugged, hard, so it makes it look kinda crazy to see a man crying over every girl that has cheated him. cheater4Problem is with it only taking 1-3 women to turn a man into a "Dog", like so many claim we all are, it takes almost double for females because they want to give it a chance or they think "i can change him" which usually only ends in more heart ache. Wether you cheat or become the "accomplice" to cheating you are just making the cycle that much worse. Gotcha I've talked to one of the ones that cheated on me and it was explained to me that they "didn't know how to say they didnt want to be with me"..... DAH FUCK you just did. Too often we try to find ways of saying it after the fact. You dont have to go to the extreme of cheating to not want to be with someone. I mean really would you burn you parents house down just to say "i want to move out."? Common sense says if you're about to do something wrong you have two options 1. DON'T DO IT 2. Make sure it wont be wrong it you decide to do it(a.k.a. break-up)

Cheaters Once a cheater!... Always a cheater? Nah just depends on if you are willing to change for that special person. For those who have been cheated it's all on how you let it affect your life, its a make or break thing. You can use it to grow and enjoy the next one completely or you can let it break you down and become someone you never thought you could be... a "Bitch Move"-er lol...

2 comments:

  1. Part of cheaters train of thought is to try something new. Everybody always think they can get away with something. It has been like that since we were kids. For some men, they cheat to be tough and because monogamy is seen as a "bitch move." I do believe in the power of people to change their ways so I don't think you are always a cheater if you really want to stop....I like this blog and this topic. I look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw cheating as a "tough" thing... to me and most people i know its a bitch way out.... how is it tough to lie... y not be real and say "i wanna beat that out" if ya girl gets mad then you know whats gonna happen but if u have to hide n sneak whats the point in trying to call yourself a "Man"... thats a flase reality of what real is... kinda like cheating...

    ReplyDelete